Sunday, November 24, 2013

log of Semplice modifications

I've done a ton of configuration since installing Semplice Openbox and it's getting hard to keep track of everything I've done, so I'm going to try to keep track in this post:

installed apps:

  • p7zip-rar - 
    • rar 3.0 files won't open var unrar
    • usage: 7z x
  • ice-weasel
    • chrome crashes a lot for me so I don't trust chromium
  • yate
    • great app to make and take phone calls from Google voice
  • light-lock
    • xscreensaver is hideous and the dev doesn't want it fixed.
    • uses the same screen for unlock as lightdm
  • geany
    • a decent programming text editor
  • simple-scan
    • best easy to use scanning software
  • guake
    • dropdown terminal  (might delete if I like tilda better)
  • tilda
    • dropdown terminal
  • Cairo-dock
    • a lightweight dock I like better than docky
  • ARandR
    • Multi-monitor location configuration

Uninstalled:
  • Openbox-metapackage
    • result of removing xscreensaver


Modified Config files and Scripts:

  • ~/.config/openbox/autostart
    • touch pad delay while typing:
      • syndaemon -K -i 0.5 -R -d  &
    • added yate, tilda, and cariro-dock
  • ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc
  • ~/.conkyrc
  • /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf
  • /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
    • I am not a fan of Semplices default background; choose something less abrasive.
    • Set it to /usr/share/backgrounds/default.png so that updating which picture is default.png updates both login and desktop at the same time


No comments:

Post a Comment